I’m continuing my really emotional week and finishing it up with a nice baby post. I promise next week I’ll be back with some recipes, reviews and other yummy things.
Having my husband’s birthday and our anniversary so close always makes me extra emotional, throw in being pregnant and it’s over the top.
Before we went to bed last night I started thinking about about 27 weeks ago when we found out we were going to have a baby. The entire night was shocking for us and we probably didn’t talk for a good 30 minutes.
Thinking about that night, makes me feel like it was forever ago. So much has changed in 8 months. I started asking Danny questions about what he thought about pregnancy and our soon to be here baby.
To get a little perspective from the husband side, here’s what Danny said:
What has changed for you in the past 8 months?
At first I was just scared and worried about money. Everyone tells you how excited you “should” be when you tell people, but the entire first trimester, I was just nervous. Then something changed, I think around the time we could feel the baby kick and move and now I’m just really excited.
What surprised you about my pregnancy?
It’s surprised me how connected I feel with the baby. I can’t believe how much it moves all the time. No one ever tells you that it will just move constantly. Also, no one tells you that your wife might not like food. That first trimester when you really didn’t want to eat anything and hated food was tough. It’s just thought that pregnant people want to eat everything and anything, so I didn’t expect that.
What are you most excited for?
To see what our baby looks like and to walk out of the hospital. Also to announce if it’s a girl or boy.
Just a couple of questions, but I thought it was cute.
- I’m going back to the doctor next Thursday. I go every 2 weeks now until 35 weeks, then I go every week.
- I had a huge salad for lunch yesterday, which was the first time in MONTHS that I’ve craved one. Normally I just throw in greens to whatever I’m eating and force it down.
- I hit a bewitching hour at about 8 pm every night where I just get back pain, get overly hot and uncomfortable.
- Just this past week I’m finding out I can basically no longer wear non-maternity clothes out of my house. Everything just looks too tight and inappropriate…which means I’m wearing the same 4 things in rotation.
- Baby’s kicks and movements hurt sometimes, I actually say “OW” outloud.
- Exercise still feels good. The past 2 weeks I’ve dropped down to 2 days of strength training, but I’m still run/walking or just walking 5-6 days a week. I’m just getting bored with the same weight routine, but I’m just trying to keep it up until baby comes.
- We’re having our second baby shower this weekend with Danny’s family. I’m SO excited to celebrate baby again!
I’m greatly looking forward to a relaxing weekend and getting in some beach time!
Happy Labor Day weekend to you all!