I haven’t posted on a weekend in awhile because we’ve either been away or just so busy doing things around the house. Yesterday we were supposed to go up to the Berkshires to see friends, but with all the tornado warnings and my stomach being not right we decided not to go. We were pretty bummed, but did take advantage of having a day at home. We knocked out lots of errands, hung more things around the house and did some baby shopping.
I’m trying to find recipes that appeal to me, since basically nothing does. So after scouring the web/pinterest/blogs, this is what I came up with. I figured I’d share, just in case you need some inspiration too!
1. Roasted Tomato Basil Pesto from Oh She Glows. I will be making this over some pasta, but I bet it would be great on chicken as well.
2. Almond and Cornmeal Herb Crusted Eggplant by Edible Perspective. Anything with eggplant is a do for me. Must try this.
3. Cheesy Quinoa Cakes by Spoon Fork Bacon. This is something I could really get behind. I would probably use whole wheat or spelt flour, but these look amazing.
4. Crispy Chicken Bites by the Eat Clean Diet. I want to make about a million of these. And dip them in ketchup.
5. Quinoa Broccoli Casserole by Edible Perspective: I made this once for a friend when she had her baby. Now I need to make it for myself.
6. Minestrone Pot Pie with whole wheat parm biscuits by How Sweet Eats: I’m dying over this. Bread and parmesan.
And just for our sweet tooth, 2 recipes for dessert….
7. No Bake Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies by Chocolate Covered Katie
8. Pumpkin Chia Seed Chocolate Chip Cookies by Purely Twins: Yay for pumpkin season coming up!
So now I need to make a food list and pick a couple of these to make! These recipes actually get me excited to cook this week!
I’m off to take a walk! Have a wonderful relaxing Sunday!