I was pretty fired up after I wrote yesterday’s post about Lady Gaga and her “weight gain” and I wasn’t surprised to see that so many of you felt the same way! I loved reading all of your comments and responses to what’s going on. As I was watching the news and searching around the Internet I heard and saw even more about her, but at least it’s now about her Body Revolution, I guess?
I hope that we all can learn a lesson from that and stop putting such pressure on ourselves to be such perfectionists! Sometimes I think that the “healthy living” blog community is just a place to share extreme behavior. Obviously, that is not the case for everyone, but there certainly are examples of that…but that’s a heavy post for another day.
Today I have my (almost) 37 week doctor’s appointment to see where I’m at with baby C coming. I have to admit, after a harder past 2 weeks, I feel pretty darn good this week, so we’ll see what the doctor says. Although I know things can change at almost any moment and it doesn’t really matter. I’ll do a full update tomorrow!
Yesterday, I made my 2nd trip to Trader Joe’s for the week to grab food to make for my Uncle Tom’s birthday dinner. I decided for my family that we would rather have homemade pizzas and salad instead of ordering take out. It was a win. I made some sacrifices and bought the pizza dough from Trader Joe’s instead of making it myself…because that’s the kind of thing I do for myself at 36 weeks and 4 days pregnant. For $56.00 we had 3 types of pizza, salad, dessert (box o’chocolate truffle brownies) and leftovers. I also bought slightly more than we needed and had an extra can of sauce, bag of cheese and bag of lettuce, so really we all ate for under $7.00 each AND had leftovers. Just can’t beat it.
I bought a mix of white and whole wheat dough to please everyone. I made traditional cheese pizza, white pizza and then pesto pizza. I even threw some riccotta on the pesto pizza, just because I love cheese. I didn’t take any pictures because I was too hungry. There is no way this baby doesn’t love pasta, pizza and cheese. It’s basically what I’ve existed on this entire pregnancy.
Now that this entire post has been a full on ramble…
Why not include more randomness…
- I’m obsessed with the idea of making more freezer meals this weekend, but am finding it hard to not eat what I’ve made so far.
- Yesterday I *almost* felt not pregnant on the treadmill while running. (Don’t worry I’m basically running at what I used to walk at.)
- I’m hating on strength training and may just boycott it for the remainder of this pregnancy.
- I’ve started using the excuse….”…because I’m over 9 months pregnant…” for almost everything.
- I love all the new emojis on the iPhone and over use them.
- I can’t stop wondering, was Teresa Guidice really completely in on the set up?
- Emily may have convinced me to make this pumpkin cornbread tonight.
Please share something random about yourself now. My cranky self could use a laugh.
Happy Birthday to my Uncle Tom! <3