I’ve made it no secret before that I am not a fan of dishes. I don’t really do them. I am a BIG fan of my dishwasher, but I’m even not that good at letting things soak.
Now that we have Olivia, I’m probably even worse about hand washing dishes. Danny used to do all the dinner clean up but now it’s a joint effort because Olivia goes to bed at 7.
Finish contacted me and asked if I wanted to take their “Rise and Shine Challenge”. Obviously I did because they said their new Finish Quantam with Power Gel would work so well I could leave my dishes in the dishwasher until NIGHT and then they would come out clean.
They asked me to focus on a breakfast recipe so I decided to make Anne P’s oatmeal bake. (I make it with the following changes: I used 1 real egg and 2 “flax eggs” and I also add 1/3 cup of frozen blueberries, which increases baking time by about 5-7 minutes.) I made it in the morning and did exactly what they said: put it in the dishwasher and left it until night.
The results: sparkling clean. So was everything else, down to silverware! I actually was amazed and Danny and I had many exclamations. The *only* thing that didn’t come out sparkling clean was a frying pan that I burned dinner in the night before. I was cooking a stir fry and I let it sit too long because I was feeding Liv first. I would say that came 70% clean, but needed a good scrub. I wanted to see how clean that would come without scrubbing it…but I knew I was pushing the limit.
I have to say I was very impressed with the finish pods. I love that you just drop them in your dishwasher. I feel like I never know how much (or little) dishwasher liquid to use so I’m always playing with different amounts. It’s perfectly portioned, so there is never any guessing! The only thing I didn’t like was the packaging of it. Once you open it the package of 8, there is nothing to put them in. I ended up stacking them in the corner in my cabinet, but I would like to see a box that you can store them in so they aren’t loose.
After (after sitting all day and turning on dishwasher at 8 at night.)
About the New Finish Quantum:
Finish® Quantum® with new Power Gel delivers ultimate clean and amazing shine – without having to pre-rinse! Its breakthrough multi-chamber technology activates each cleaning ingredient when it’s needed during the cycle, so all you have to do is sit back and relax. Who knew so much cleaning power could fit into a tiny capsule?
- Finish®Quantum with Power Gel is voted Product of the Year, Home Care, in a consumer survey of more than 50,000 people by TNS**
- Finish®Quantum with Baking Soda was voted the by Better Homes and Gardens
- Quick dissolving Power Gel washes away residue for an amazing shine, even in the hardest water conditions.
- Pre-soaking Powerball® penetrates, breaks down, and lifts away even 24-hour dried on food.
- Advanced powder with bleach seeks out and cleans tough stains like tea and coffee.
- Available in the following scents: Original, Lemon Sparkle, and Baking Soda – Try them all!
- See the latest television commercial here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Disclaimer: I received the Finish Quantum with Power Gel and was compensated for this post. All opinions and results are my own.