I’ve been putting this post off since Sunday. If I don’t post it, time will stand still right? No? Okay.
My baby girl turned 1 on Sunday. This year has truly, truly gone by in a blink. Long gone is my sleepy newborn baby. Now in front of me I see an energetic, curious, funny, toddling little girl. Wow.
I have so much to say, yet I’m speechless. I’ll save the emotions for another post I think.
What’s new this month?
- WALKING! She was doing 2-3 steps at a time and then one night she just took off. She walks about 50% of the time right now.
- Knows where her belly and toes are.
- Makes a dog sound.
- Tries to put on hats/headbands herself. Also “brushes” her own hair.
- “Sings” to certain songs (mainly Miley Cyrus, Wrecking Ball)
- “Relaxes” on the couch (puts her head back)
- Can get down from the couch. She turns around and slides.
- Blows kisses.
- Copies what we do (sounds, faces, coughs)
- Tolerates car rides. (Big improvement because she HATED it for a LONG time.)
- She just overall understands WAY more. It would be hard to get down every single thing she understands.
Naps and Sleep: We’re still doing 2 naps. I’m going with it until she signals me that she’s ready for one. Sometimes she skips her afternoon nap. Nothing much to report on sleep front. She still goes down around 7:30-7.
Food: Still a picky kid, which I’m sure will last for awhile (hopefully not forever). Feeding her is a challenge, especially when she’s teething. (She getting her top 2 canine teeth right now.) Yesterday she wouldn’t eat any solid food besides some snap-pea crisps, but ate 3.5 pouches throughout the day. I offer different ones so at least she’s getting a variety. I’m trying not to sweat it. I know when she’s teething she doesn’t really want to eat. I used to get really upset about it, but she picks up on it and eats even less.
Favorite Toys: I haven’t done this one before (I don’t think?) , but since she’s a bit older I figured it would be good to talk about this. We have a variety of toys in her playroom, but nothing too excessive. Right now her favorites are her Melissa and Doug wooden letter blocks, big legos, books, play castle and this Vtech learning cube. Liv got it for her birthday and LOVES it. She just figured out how to stick the letters in the hole and it tells you what letter it is. She also loves her doll baby. Another favorite of hers is taking every book off the shelf and throwing it on the floor.
And that’s it for year one! I’ll have to some how get down the emotions about being a mom and getting through the first year. One thing’s for sure, feel like I accomplished something!
Thanks for reading along and for following Olivia’s first year. I’ll have to see how I’m going to share her growth and development from now on. Maybe every 3 months?
Have a great night!