I Love Vega Sport!

by Nicole on February 7, 2012

Morning! I seriously am loving this weather. I have always said if winter would stay between 30-40 degrees I’d be a very happy person. I LOVE sweaters, so I don’t mind it being a little chilly.

I loved reading all your comments about what eating clean means to you. I’m proud that so many of you eat cleanly…and for those of you that need a jump start or restart…that’s exactly why I did the post!

Like I said yesterday, eating cleanly is non-negotiable for me. The part I’m working on is portion sizes and timing of meals/snacks. Something that has been SO convenient for me to snack on is Vega’s new line of Vega Sport: Performance Protein. I LOVE Vega and Brendan Brazier. I’ve written about them before. I love everything their company is about. It’s all natural, plant based products with amazing nutritional stats. They are plant-based, soy-free, dairy-free, and stevia-sweetened. Vega also has a strong commitment to sustainability. Vega uses so many super foods that I’m a huge fan of…and then even use some I’ve never heard of like the saviseed!

Vega contacted me a couple of months ago and asked if I wanted to try out their new line Vega Sport. Of course I said yes because I love them so much. There are 3 parts to their new Performance line: Prepare, Sustain and Recover.  I highlighted my favorite products using information from Vega’s website below.

PREPARE

“Designed to take your workout to the next level by significantly enhancing physical and mental performance.”

Pre-Workout Energizer (from website)

Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer is a pre-workout drink mix sporting a unique blend of 13 synergistic plant-based performance-improving ingredients, like green tea, yerba mate, coconut oil and rhodiola, specifically selected to:

• Provide immediate and sustained energy
• Increase endurance, aerobic and anaerobic capacity
• Enhance mental focus and recovery

Featuring two complementary carbohydrates, Pre-Workout Energizer is balanced to provide both instant and slower-burning fuel for your workouts. Organic sprouted brown rice syrup has a high glycemic index (90), entering the bloodstream quickly, while organic palm nectar has a low glycemic index (35), providing slow, steady energy that will not spike or crash.

Take Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer 20 minutes before your workout to help you get in the zone with energy to burn!

SUSTAIN

“Provides immediate and sustained energy, hydration, and electrolyte replenishment.”

Electrolyte Hydrator
Endurance Gel
Endurance Bar

RECOVER

“Replenishes your system, repair muscle tissue and reduce inflammation to assist in recovery.”

Performance Protein

A complete multi-source, alkaline-forming, plant-based protein blend, featuring 5,500mg of BCAAs and 5,000mg of glutamine per serving, Vega Sport Performance Protein is formulated to:

• Improve strength and exercise performance

• Repair and build muscles
• Reduce recovery time between training

The recent innovation to Vega Sport Performance Protein comes from the addition of SaviSeed (sacha inchi) protein, a rich, plant-based source of the amino acid tryptophan. Tryptophan is a key component of serotonin production(1). Serotonin—the feel good hormone—helps with the mental aspect of recovery, so you’ll keep the drive alive and be motivated to train again.

Recovery Accelerator
Protein Bar

A delicious, post-workout bar packed with 15 grams of complete, plant-based protein, Vega Sport Protein Bar is formulated to strengthen and regenerate muscles. Like Performance Protein, Vega Sport Protein Bars feature SaviSeeds, a rich, plant-based source of the amino acid tryptophan and Omega 3s.

Enjoy Vega Sport Protein Bars after training or use it as a delicious protein-supplementing snack. Available in Chocolate Coconut and Chocolate SaviSeed flavors.

Review:
The Pre-workout energizer was tasted by my husband. He is an occasional fan of Gatorade, so he tried this before he played basketball one day. He really enjoyed the flavor of this and felt like it helped him get through his game. It’s came in an acai berry flavor and lemon lime, both of which he really liked, but preferred lemon lime.
For me I LOVED the chocolate and vanilla protein powders. I used the vanilla in my goji berry nut balls and the chocolate in this green smoothie with kale. I loved the flavor of both and with 25 grams of protein and 110 calories I think it’s a great protein powder to use. I also am obsessed with the protein bars. I was very skeptical about the chocolate coconut because I’m not a HUGE fan of the flavor of coconut, but it was delicious. I will be purchasing these when they are available again online. I ate half after a workout and then ate a whole one on a different day when I needed a large snack/small meal between clients.
The only down side to these products is the cost. It is SUCH a high quality product that I do think it’s worth it, but I feel like you’d have to budget to purchase these. A tub of the protein powder is around $50 and each bar is about $4.00.  At least when you purchase any of these products you will not only benefit because it’s a great product, but you can feel good for the environment because of their commitment to sustainability.

My smoothie with Vega Sport Performance Protein:

To read even more about each product, check out Vega’s website!
Would you try this line? What’s your favorite protein powder?

Disclaimer: I was sent these products to sample, but all thoughts and opinions are my own. I was not compensated for this post.

Heidi @BananaBuzzbomb February 7, 2012 at 7:42 am

If you couldn’t tell from my last blog post, I LOVE Vega. I’m new to it but have fallen head over heals. I like your idea of adding it to recipes, etc.

Also think it’s funny you preferred the lemon lime over acai berry. I was the opposite ;)

Nicole February 7, 2012 at 4:08 pm

different taste buds make us all unique :) haha

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 7, 2012 at 7:59 am

I’ve actually been looking for a good protein powder! I use peanut flour a lot, but I need more variety. I will definitely check out Vega’s products! Thanks for the review!

Tara Burner February 7, 2012 at 8:08 am

I’m going to probably be the oddball since I tried Vega and did not care for it…at all :(
but I do have weird tastes so that could account for that! since everyone else I’ve seen LOVES it :)
I actually do not use a protein powder…when my training gets more serious that may change though.

Fit Chick in the City February 7, 2012 at 8:14 am

I love Vega also! I haven’t gotten around to trying everything out yet, but the chocolate coconut bar is freakin amazing! I love it!!

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean February 7, 2012 at 8:22 am

eeee! i’m getting some vega to try to and i cannot.wait!! i’ve heard such good things.

Cat @Breakfast to Bed February 7, 2012 at 10:03 am

love it!! can’t wait to try it!

Heather@Just a Colorado Gal February 7, 2012 at 10:39 am

I’ve heard good things but have never tried it. I’m trying out a few different protein powders now, trying to find the perfect one for me. There are so many out there!

Parita @ myinnershakti February 7, 2012 at 11:55 am

I haven’t tried Vega yet, but I’ll definitely be on the lookout!

My favorite protein powder is Sunwarrior. It’s also pretty expensive but I like the ingredient list and stats.

MCM Mama February 7, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Sounds awesome! I’ve never found a protein powder I love. I may have to look into trying some.

Laura February 7, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Thanks for your comment on my guest post at Fitness Cheerleader! I’m glad to have connected with you… sounds like we have a lot in common. Love your clean eating post! I’ve never tried Vega’s products, but I’m very curious to check them out.

Pure2raw twins February 7, 2012 at 10:37 pm

we love vega too! our favorite protein powder.

is the truth about abs a scam January 31, 2015 at 5:31 am

The bodily and mental obliques is found along the sides
of the rectus abdominal, and assist one’s body with lateral,
or bending and twisting, movements. Simply lie for the floor along with your legs in the air plus your knees bent.
They are really ineffective yet people attempt to do
hundred ones, for what.

news February 10, 2015 at 8:32 am

Air plants and urban varieties are becoming very popular and giving new
trends to plant lovers. Hybridization can be used to change the outward
appearance of a plant or it can change the inner characteristics of a plant to make them easier to grow or more appealing to consumers.
If you have a vegetable garden that includes growing cabbage and
tomatoes, you can shred the tough stems in the garden shredder so they decompose quicker than normal.

juicer comparisons February 14, 2015 at 10:43 am

If your family enjoys camping, you can even extend your visit over a weekend and set up tents
along the way. 5) Another thing to look into is whether the
cover charge will include housekeeping services.
Here, the Caves hotel multiplies your joy with amazing views.

cuisinart juicer cje 1000 February 15, 2015 at 4:07 am

It operated two daily round trip excursions, except on Sundays, on the 65-mile
run from the Weirs at 08:00 and 13:00, calling at Bear Island, Center Harbor, Wolfeboro, and Alton Bay.
Outside cleaners have to do a good job, or they don’t
get invited back. Should you favor a relaxing time, then the spectacular
seashores Dubai has to offer could be the ultimate location for relaxation.

breville je98xl juice fountain plus February 26, 2015 at 1:10 am

Although you’re taking a risk, you can attempt this on your
own. A good majority move down from the cold up north to our beautiful,
white sandy beaches. If you own a centrifugal juicer and are annoyed by the foaming and
the clogging switch to a masticating juicer.

Shanna February 26, 2015 at 7:08 pm

Just the other day, I went home for lunch to take my dog out for a little walk,
and I met a very nice man who was driving
around checking out the area where I live. Apart from sunbathing
on the glorious sandy beach, this little village offers the tourist much more.
Just like having dolphin velour beach towel which is eye-catching to one and all due to the uniqueness it brings.

breville je98xl juicer February 26, 2015 at 10:16 pm

Pimms is Cap Jaluca’s award winning restaurant and holds its weight
in ambiance and outstanding cuisine amongst the finest in the Caribbean. 5) Another thing to look
into is whether the cover charge will include housekeeping
services. Here, the Caves hotel multiplies your
joy with amazing views.

rugby play March 6, 2015 at 12:25 am

I pay a visit daily some web pages and websites to read articles, however this weblog presents quality based content.

ปั้มลม March 8, 2015 at 7:09 am

ปั้มลม
It’s an remarkable post designed for all the web people; they wilol obtain advantage from
it I am sure.

jailbreak apple tv 3 seas0npass March 10, 2015 at 10:14 am

After an enthusiastic introduction, CEO Tim Cook took the stage at San Francisco’s Yerba Buena Center for the Arts.

In this article, you will learn 5 ways you can cure
acid reflux at home. Curiously, many diet plans
educate consuming a great the apple company prior to every meal for related
positive aspects, as this specific apparently offers an extra increase in the metabolic
process as well as decreases the urge for food ahead of ingesting.

diabetes deactivated March 21, 2015 at 10:16 pm

It simply just shows that the individual must discover to consume nicely
nicely balanced meals like vegetables and fruit rather than damaging fast food and junk food.
All of that refined sugar and flour sends a lot of sugar (glucose) into your
blood stream very rapidly. While insulin pumps do not measure
blood glucose levels, the amount of insulin the
pump delivers is still calculated and determined by the patient.