Hello Wednesday! Good morning! Don’t you just love this weather?
I’m still moving around with this belly, as much as I possibly can. Yesterday I did this workout and then went for a 3 mile walk. At this point I’m walking at a snails pace and just enjoying the weather.
Once a week I really look forward to listening to the Jillian Michaels podcast. I have posted about it before, but I wanted to take time out and talk about it again. If you even like her a teency tiny bit, then you should listen to it. Not only does she give great fitness and food tips, but it really shows how she is actually a real person. She also takes listeners phone calls and emails and really takes the time to answer the questions.
This week’s podcast highlights:
Random Health & Fitness Tips from Jillian Michaels
- Set your thermostat with the season. If it’s hot outside, let it be hotter in your home. Your body has to regulate your temperature to offset how hot/cold it is and it boosts your metabolism.
- Stand, don’t sit. You burn 50 calories more an hour sitting.
- Is it better to workout in the morning or night? Consistancy is key. Athlete’s who competed in a race at the same time of day they used to train, performed better because your body adapts to having physical requirements at a certain point in the day.
- Drinking water can boost your metabolism by up to 3%.
- Make 20% of your calories a day treat foods so you don’t binge.
If you want to read more with Jillian, check out this twitter chat she did with Shape Magazine yesterday.
I also am considering doing her Ripped in 30 DVD post baby. We’ll see. You can download her podcast right from iTunes! (disclaimer: this was a totally random post and I was not sponsored for this. I just really like the podcasts and wanted to share!)
My favorite part about all of this, is it’s FREE, so there’s no excuse to turn on the podcast and step out your door for a walk or run.
Other free workouts:
Tone it Up Fine Tuning Arms Workout (will be doing this tomorrow!)
Jess from Blonde Ponytail’s New GNC Workout: Power Circuit (cannot wait to try these post baby!!)
For more workouts you can also check out my Pinterest FitFluential board for lots of ideas!
Have a great day!
Have you listened to Jillian Michael’s Podcast?