So you’ve probably heard that I’m kind of tired (sarcasm)…with the tiredness comes quick meals. I’m proud of the fact that there isn’t much take out going on here, but at the same time there isn’t much creativity coming in the food department. If I end up making a new meal, it will usually be over the weekend…but to be honest, I kind of love my staples.
I tend to rotate the same things…although I did throw in sauteed kale last night for a change.
If you’re anything like me, you’re looking for quick and easy things to make for dinner. I spend a total time of about 10-15 minutes prepping food to cook most nights.
I know not everyone wants to be in the kitchen after a long day, but my biggest tip is to stock your fridge with healthy foods. I’m not a big meal planner, but if that’s what works for you and will keep you on track then DO IT! I also kind of love being in the kitchen after a day with Liv. Danny will take her and play with her while I get dinner together.
My go to foods to make are:
- sweet potato fries/rounds
- lemon salmon
- soyaki chicken (marinated in Trader Joe’s soyaki)
- Stir fries (I generally take a bag of mixed frozen veggies, and put it over brown rice with either tofu, beans or chicken)
- turkey meatloaf
- homemade pizza (I typically make this every Friday)
- chicken/veggie/bean soup (recently made Ina Garden’s lentil veggie soup)
- chicken sausage sauteed with spinach/kale over pasta (usually brown rice, but sometimes whole wheat or corn)
- eggs & pancakes (we typically have this once a week!)
- steamed veggies & chicken or tofu over brown rice
My new quick and easy meal is steamed veggies over rice because my awesome sister got us a RICE MAKER. It’s AMAZING. Most of the time I didn’t make rice because it takes awhile and you have to watch it. With the rice maker, it still takes an hour, but you can just LEAVE it to cook. Perfection.
I also started Tina’s Best Body Bootcamp yesterday. Amazing. I’m so sore today!
I’m off to hopefully take a nap.
What is your go-to meal rotation? What’s the easiest dinner you make?