Happy day after Christmas!
I haven’t check in, in a couple of days, because I was enjoying time with family & friends. I hosted Christmas yesterday at my house. I’ve been talking about hosting Christmas in our home before we even knew we were moving. Christmas is something I’ve wanted to have in my own home for years, but our apartment was just too small to do it. Last Christmas when we knew we’d most likely be moving I started talking about having it.
There is just something about cooking good food and making everyone feel welcome in our home that got me so excited months in advance. It was a perfect day. Even though we almost burnt the turkey, everything turned out wonderful and pretty stress free. I had a lot of help preparing & cleaning…especially cleaning. We all know I fall short when it comes to cleaning skills.
I made homemade manicotti for the first time ever and it was delicious. The shells could have been a smidge thinner, but I’ll work on that next year. I’ll be sure to post the recipe also in the coming week.
- Stuffed mushrooms (made homemade breadcrumbs from bread I made earlier in week)
- Artichoke dip
- Tomato & fresh mozzarella
- Spread of fresh cheeses & Italian meats
- Homemade manicotti & meatballs
- Endive & mixed greens salad with toasted walnuts
- Roasted veggies (asparagus, carrots, broccoli)
- Chicken for those who don’t eat turkey
- Pomegranate Vanilla Sangria
- Merry Berry Vodka Cocktail
Literally an insane amount of food. We have so much leftovers & the second course barely got touched…but it’s a tradition to do it this way. hah.
Still buying gifts? Check out 15% off your purchase at Pure Bliss Eats,with coupon code “NEWYEARS” good until 1/3/2012!