Mexican Socca Tostada!

by Nicole on February 29, 2012

So dinner last night was pretty amazing. I was going to write “epic” but I kind of hate that word. I’ll stick with words like amazing, awesome and delicious. They are more my speed. Although… I will break out legendary occasionally as a nod to How I Met Your Mother and Barney Stinson.

I saw a picture of a taco tostado or something along those lines yesterday…and from that one picture I knew what was for dinner. I sent my husband arm deep in our pantry to find the garbanzo bean flour. I just *knew* we had some even if it was at the back of our almost 2 feet deep cabinets. When he pulled out every other flour under the sun and then finally found it, I may have squealed. Yes, food is that exciting in this house.¬†

This is a multi-step dinner, but it all came together in about 20-25 minutes. So just do it. If you don’t have garbanzo bean flour, then feel free to use a tortilla or brown rice or quinoa flour instead.

I wish there were leftovers from this, but since there aren’t I’m off to figure out what else there is to eat! Also feel free to adapt this to your needs by using just veggies, adding peppers, tofu or even mahi mahi. So many delicious options!

On another note: the winner of my chobani giveaway is…..

Kevin email me your address and we’ll get the chobani out to you!

I’m off to get my workout in and meet some clients!

Have a great day!

Parita @ myinnershakti February 29, 2012 at 8:51 am

I’ve seen a lot of bloggers make pizza crusts out of chickpea flour. It’s funny because growing up my mom made lots of dishes using it, but I never would’ve thought to make a pizza out of it! Definitely trying this out soon. Thanks!

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean February 29, 2012 at 9:32 am

looks awesome. socca is next on my list with my chickpea flour!

Cat @ Breakfast to Bed February 29, 2012 at 10:19 am

oh dear. now I want mexican food.

Heidi @BananaBuzzbomb February 29, 2012 at 11:57 am

Definitely need to try the veggie portion of this. Sounds yummy!

Nicole February 29, 2012 at 2:52 pm

it’s so good! and so versatile, perfect for a veg or vegan too!

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance February 29, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Chickpea flour!! I just started experimenting with it for the first time a few months ago in the form of socca and it’s like a protein-filled flatbread of heaven

Pure2raw twins February 29, 2012 at 9:38 pm

yum! love tostadas!!

and love How I met your Mother. watch the re-runs all the time

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes February 29, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I guess I didn’t really know what a socca is… I’m definitely going to try that with the garbanzo bean flour.

ginger juicer February 18, 2015 at 11:26 pm

The types that are available are numerous and you can choose your
pick from the ones that range from hand press models to ones that are electrically operated.

There are many different ways to enjoy the wonder of a Disney holiday.
Should you favor a relaxing time, then the spectacular seashores Dubai has to offer could be the ultimate location for relaxation.

small juicer February 27, 2015 at 2:57 am

If your family enjoys camping, you can even extend your visit
over a weekend and set up tents along the way. The temple shines with infinite reflections from hundreds of crystallized glass pieces.
There are a total of nine unique habitats where you may discover many different types of wildlife animals and over one
hundred species of birds that you may enjoy seeing while on your Florida vacation.

trauma registry software March 22, 2015 at 9:47 pm

The Trauma Registry Abstractor is responsible for collecting, abstracting, and also coding data for individuals with stressful injuries.