Weekend Baking: Muffins, Cookies & Granola Bars!

by Nicole on October 8, 2012

Good morning!

I feel like I just came back from a vacation…or a staycation I should say I guess? Danny had off Friday and Monday so we spent the weekend doing last minute baby things, cleaning up and baking A LOT. Our house is pretty straigtened and organized, so besides doing last minute things that get done often (like clean kitchen & bathroom) we are all set for baby. My form of nesting is apparentely baking.

After Danny and I went to Buy Buy Baby to buy our stroller, we stopped at Trader Joe’s to pick up supplies to make muffins and cookies. Muffins were basically last on my list for pre-baby baking. Funny because I woke up this morning and just had to make apple streusel oat squares AND granola oat bars. Maybe we can bribe people to babysit if we offer them muffins & cookies?

Our final list of things we baked over the weekend is…..

Apple Pie Muffins

Spiced Pumpkin Muffins

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Apple Streusel Oat Squares (I made it with spelt flour and real butter)

Blueberry Chocolate Chip Oat Bars

I *think* I’m done now. But then again, who the heck knows when this baby is coming. Last week I would have thought I would have had her/him already, but this weekend left me feeling really good…so maybe I have awhile? I think not knowing when labor is beginning is harder than not knowing if the baby is a boy or girl at this point!

Now that I’ve baked 2 things and eaten them I’m off for a walk and to decorate for Halloween!

Something to do: PLEASE check out my friend Carla’s workout skirt she has designed. Not only are they super cool, but ALL of the profits for the skirts go to Mayan Families charity. Not only will you look good while working out, but you will support an amazing cause.

Have a happy Columbus day and enjoy your day if you’re off from work!

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } October 8, 2012 at 12:21 pm

That is a lot of baking! How to you keep the muffins fresh?

Michele @ NYC Running Mama October 9, 2012 at 8:36 am

Yay for long weekends!!!! That’s a serious amount of muffins!! You have my address still, right? Feel free to send some over! Haha

Love your house decorations!! I really need to get out and get some for outside!!!

gorilla grow tent February 11, 2015 at 3:20 pm

Something to cool off in handily might be a great addition to the
garden plan. Have a exclusive area for changing baby diapers in the house not view of the guests.

The linings are certainly one of the main aspects of tent construction; the
reflective interior and the dark exterior helps to keep light in whilst also absorbing any heat.

homepage February 16, 2015 at 5:14 am

In a sworn deposition, Lewakowski claims he took $15,000 of that to pay a deposit to Peak, the home
contractor of the modular residence.

samson 6 in 1 juicer February 16, 2015 at 1:10 pm

Although you’re taking a risk, you can attempt this on your
own. Compared to most other masticating juicers on the
market today, this machine has superb looks.
Of course, the traditional winter recipes work well too and the advantage for me of having a large slow cooker for
our small family is that I can double the quantities and make two meals, one of which I
can freeze for another day.

ไร่หญ้า February 16, 2015 at 10:34 pm

These resources can be found in everything from websites to magazines.
It’s pretty simple to indicate individual blades of grass as well.
Don and Heather Minto know that getting water to their livestock every
day is critical. This is apparent, as some estimates have shown that many artificial grass projects are
likely to pay for themselves within an 18-month time span.

Mayra February 24, 2015 at 10:01 pm

If your family enjoys camping, you can even extend your visit over a weekend and set up tents along the
way. There are many different ways to enjoy the wonder of a Disney holiday.
In a new media driven world, people rely on search, their friends on social networks, and
other online media channels to hear about things happening in the digital world.

cuisinart juicer cje 1000 February 26, 2015 at 9:51 pm

The types that are available are numerous and you can choose your
pick from the ones that range from hand press models to ones that are electrically
operated. 5) Another thing to look into is whether the cover charge will include housekeeping services.
There are a total of nine unique habitats where you may discover many different types of
wildlife animals and over one hundred species of birds that you may enjoy seeing
while on your Florida vacation.

clash of kings cheats iphone March 5, 2015 at 4:18 pm

He is only one example of Euro-centric authors
who, throughout the centuries, have atttempted to smear the innocent name of the
Prophet of God who was named by Almighty Allah as Khatamun Nabiyyeen, the Seal of the
Prophets, the best and most perfect of all of the prophets oof
God. In the second installment to the Song of Icce and Fire series by Gerge R.
And I have gay friends – Derek from “Real World: Cancun” is probably one of the
dude’s I talk to more than most on the how because I love
the kid.