Did you want to know how many days left of school I have until summer vacation? Yes? 25. 2-5. I have a ton of things to do between now and then, especially since I have to move classrooms. Lucky for me I’ve enlisted the help of my sister and cousin…and anyone else that wants to help. Any takers? There will be some possible rewards in iced coffees and ice cream/frozen yogurt/ices.
This weekend we were very busy…doing what? I don’t know. All I know is that the little errands I have to do over the weekend, take up a ton of time. Saturday morning I got up nice and early with a mission….I had to watch Grey’s and Real Housewives of NY before Danny got up. My plan was a major fail when in the first five minutes I screamed, “OH MY GOD” so loud Danny woke up. That season finale was NUTS. Good thing I turned off every technological device Thursday night so I didn’t have any spoilers. Real Housewives was pretty nuts too, just in a very different way.
After feeling every emotional possible (from TV) we went to the beach to go for a nice run on the boardwalk. It was supposed to be a gorgeous beach day according to the weather person, but that just didn’t materialize. We brought stuff to stay longer, but it was kind of cold and windy so we left. I had to stop at Trader Joe’s on the way to my mom’s to get some things to make for lunch; half a paycheck later we were in business.
Here are some of the goodies I picked up:
- 1 ripened banana
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 egg (I used organic)
- 1/4 cup non-packed turbinado or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly grounded flax seed
- 1/4 cup spelt flour (or whole wheat or white flour)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup blueberries
2. Process oats in food processor until it’s a flour like consistency. (This step is optional, you can use the oats as is if you’d like.)
3. Add flax seed, oats, banana, egg, sugar, spelt flour, baking soda, baking powder and pumpkin to a large bowl. Mix well.
4. Add blueberries. Fold in to batter.
5. Grease a muffin pan. (I used 12, but you can make 6 larger muffins)
6. Spoon batter into pan.
Makes 12 muffins.
I am always looking for new muffins and scones to make. So if you have a favorite, send it over my way! Next I’m making Jessica’s quinoa bulgar muffins.
Have a happy Monday!