Today I am sharing another recipe I made last week, when I also made the muffins, scones, goji bars and flax crackers. I am still reaping the benefits from that busy baking day. I love being able to make a bunch of recipes in one day and then throw everything in the freezer. It makes it so much easier when I have to go to work and I can just put things in ziplocs/storage containers and get them ready to go the night before.
Tomato Onion Flatbread
I adapted this recipe from Rawmazing.com. It is a great resource for recipes and raw eating.
- 1 C Almonds Soaked overnight
- 2 C oat flour (original recipe calls for soaked wheat)
- 1 C Ground Flax
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 C Tomato Puree (from fresh tomatoes)
- 1 C Water
- 1/2 sweet onion (diced in food processor)
* I used oat flour instead of wheat because I didn't have any wheat. I also thought that this didn't work because it took SO long to bake. I just kept leaving it in and going back to it during the day because it was mushy for a long time. Finally it got flat bread like. You will be able to tell the difference when it is ready.
This flatbread is very simple to prepare it just takes a long time in the oven. Again, if you want to cook it faster you can raise the temperature of the oven, which I will probably try next time I make this!
It goes well with dips/hummus, salads, really anything you can think of!
Okay, time to go to work! Give this flat bread a try when you have some free time! What is your favorite type of bread to eat??